- SHORT TITLE
This scheme shall be called the `BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme -2019′.
The scheme aims at optimising and right-sizing of Human Resource of BSNL by providing attractive benefits to the eligible employees opting for voluntarily retiring before the normal date of superannuation.
In this scheme, unless the context otherwise requires,
- “Absorbed employee” means a Government servant permanently absorbed in BSNL.
- “Controlling Officer” means the officer of the rank of SDE/Dy. Manager (or equivalent) or above under whom the employee is posted.
- “Competent Authority” means appointing authority for respective category of employee as per rules of BSNL.”Date of Superannuation” for purpose of this scheme means the date of Superannuation as per existing rules considering 60 years as the age of
- “Direct Recruitee” means an employee directly recruited by BSNL on or after 01 10.2000.
- “Effective date of Voluntary retirement” means the date as stated in Clause 4.
- “Eligible Employee means an employee who is eligible to opt for voluntary retirement as per the eligibility criteria of this Scheme as defined in Clause 5 and shall include all eligible BSNL employees on deputation to other organisation or posted outside BSNL on loan basis on the date of notification of the Scheme.
- “Existing Rules” means BSNL Rules in force as on the date of notification of this Scheme or Gol Rules as applicable to BSNL employee.
- “Family” means family as defined in the CCS(pension Rules,
- “Salary” means Basic Pay plus Dearness allowance thereon as applicable on the effective date of Voluntary retirement.
- “Service’ means the length of qualifying service for the purpose of CCS PensionRules 1972 and, further as defined in clause 6 of this Scheme for respective categories of employee(s).
- (I) “Scheme” means ‘BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme -2019’.
- OPERATION OF THE SCHEME:
The effective date of Voluntary Retirement under this scheme shall be 31-01- 2020.The Scheme shall come into force from the date of issue of notification inviting option for voluntary retirement under the scheme and shall remain in operation as per the dates mentioned below:
(a)Date of start of option: 04-11-2019
(b)Date of closing of option: 03-12-2019 up to 05:30PM.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
All regular and permanent employees (both absorbed employees and direct recruits) of BSNL, including those on deputation to other organisation or posted outside BSNL on loan/informal/deputation basis on the date of notification of the option for voluntary retirement under the Scheme, who has attained the age of 50 years or above as on the notified effective date of voluntary retirement scheme shall be eligible to seek voluntary retirement under this Scheme.
Explanation: Employees belonging to the following categories shall not be eligible to seek voluntary retirement under the Scheme:
- Government employees/ employees of other organisations working in BSNL on deputation/ deemed deputation/ loan basis.
- Employees whose services are permanently transferred in public interest to Central! State Government! Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings or other entities.
- Employees permanently absorbed in other organisation before the Scheme comes into force.
- Casual Workers and Contractual employees.
- Employees retired/ retiring on superannuation/ resigned from service/ voluntarily retired under existing rules on or before effective date of voluntary retirement notified under the Scheme.
An eligible employee(s) voluntarily retiring under the Scheme shall be entitled to the following benefits and no other:
6.1 Lump-sum compensation or Ex–Gratia
(a) The amount of Ex-Gratia for any eligible employee will be equal to 35 days salary of such employee for each completed year of service plus 25 days salary of such employee for every year of service left, until superannuation.
Provided further that this Ex-Gratia compensation shall not exceed the sum of salary that such employee would draw at the existing level (i.e. Basic Pay plus Dearness Allowance on the effective date of Voluntary retirement) during the service period left till superannuation from the effective date of VRS.
Provided further that this Ex-Gratia compensation shall be subject to provisions in clause 6_1(c) & 6.1(d).
(b) For the purpose of calculation, the salary per day shall be equal to monthly salary of such employee divided by 30 days. For fraction of a year of service rendered / left, calculation of Ex-Gratia will be made on pro-rata basis.
(C) Payment of Ex-gratia to combined service pensioners absorbed in BSNL under rule 37A: The amount of Ex-Gratia payable to the eligible employee(s) entitled to pension for combined service rendered in DoT and BSNL under Rule 37-A of CCS Pension Rules, 1972 shall be further restricted to the amount which would be ascertained after taking together with total amount of pension (Basic Pension without commutation plus Dearness Relief as on the date following the effective date of voluntary retirement) that such eligible employee would be drawing for the balar.c.‘,e period left till date of superannuation.
In case of employees regularised through TSM scheme, for ex-gratin calculation, 50% of their total length of service as TSM will be counted.
Provided further that amount of Ex-Gratia payable to the eligible employees) does not exceed 125% of the sum of salary at prevailing level that the employee would have drawn till superannuation from the effective date of VRS.
(d) Payment of Ex-gratia to Direct Recruit Employees, recruited by BSNL on or after 01.10.2000 including those appointed under Rule 37: In respect of the employee(s) directly recruited by BSNL on or after 01/10.2000, the amount of Ex-gratia will be calculated in terms of para 6.1 (a) and (b) for the service rendered after their appointment in BSNL.
Provided further that the provision with respect to further restricting the Ex[email protected] as per clause 6.1 (c) shall not apply in the case(s) of said employee(s).
(e) An employee retiring voluntarily under the scheme shall be paid the amount of Ex-gratia in two equal instalments of 50% each. The first instalment shall be paid in FY 2019-20 and the second instalment in first quarter of FY 2020-21
(f)Payment of the amount of Ex-Gratia and Gratuity shall be subject to recovery of dues outstanding against the employee and deduction of tax at source as per provisions of Income Tax Act, 1961, in force, on the date payment.
Click here to download file