Voluntary contribution by the Employees of BSNL in PM CARES FUND in view of the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in India.
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Dated: 15 -Apr-2020
All Heads of Telecom Circles &
All Heads of Other Administrative Units,
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Sub: Voluntary contribution by the Employees of BSNL in PM CARES FUND in view of the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in India.
In view of the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in India, it has been decided with the approval of competent authority that the BSNL employees be requested to rise to the occasion and as a goodwill gesture contribute to strengthen the fight against COVID-19. Therefore, all employees of BSNL are requested to contribute voluntarily in PM CARES Fund as per following:
(i) One day salary (Basic Pay + DA) by Executives and Non Executives (absorbed, unabsorbed, directly recruited and working on deputation in BSNL)
(ii) Two days salary (Basic Pay + DA) by Board of Directors
These deductions will be made from the salary of April 2020.
2. As the above contribution is purely voluntary, those employees who do not wish to contribute may intimate their unwillingness to the respective DDOs in writing before 25.04.2020. The concerned DDOs shall deduct the amount as per paragraph 1 above from the salary of all employees except those employees who give their unwillingness in writing. This amount should be booked under the appropriate Head of Account.
3. The payment of the consolidated amount of contribution to the PM CARES Fund shall be made centrally by BSNL Corporate office. Therefore, the amount so worked out may be intimated to CBB branch of BSNL Corporate office.
4. The contribution so made would qualify for 80G benefits for 100% exemption under the Income Tax Act.
Asstt. General Manager (Estt.I)
Tel. No. 23037477
Latest Employee News
- Streamlining the policy regarding conduct of typing test on promotion/appointment to clerical posts
- Grant of Transport Allowance @Rs.7000/-p.m. +DA thereon to the IRMS officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- (now Pay Level-14) under DACP Scheme
- Cadre review in respect of Industrial Employees in Ordnance Factories Organisation
- Reporting of cases of deviations from the Central Vigilance Commission’s advice
- Deduction of Income Tax at Source for the AY-2022-23
- Percentage and type of Physical disability to be considered as disability for grant of family pension to the ward of the Railway employee