Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 09th June, 2020
The Chief Secretaries of States / UTs
Subject: Further Extension of timelines for recording of PAR for the year 2019¬20 in respect of AIS officers – reg.
I am directed to refer to the relevant provisions for recording of PAR under the AIS(PAR)Rules, 2007 as amended, including also the provisions regarding the reporting / reviewing / accepting authorities to record PAR not after one month of their retirement and also to this Department’s letters of even number dated 27.03.2020 and 30.03.2020.
2. In view of the pandemic caused by the spread of COVID 19 and the consequent nation-wide Iockdown extended from time to time, AIS officers are involved in various activities relating to management and control of the pandemic, continuance of essential services and maintenance of law and order etc. Further, most of the government offices, except those involved in essential services and law and order, are working with skeletal staff strength. In the light of exigent situation, the timelines for online generation of PAR, and submission of self-appraisal, recording of comments by reporting/ reviewing / accepting authorities and also retired/retiring government officers were extended vide this Department’s letters of even number dated 27.03.2020 and 30.03.2020.
3. In view of the continuance of the restrictions imposed due to spread of COVID 19, it would still be practically difficult for the AIS officers to either submit their self -appraisal or to record the PAR for the year 2019-2020 as reporting / reviewing / accepting authority within extended timelines. To overcome this, it has now been decided with the approval of competent authority, to further revise the existing cut-off dates prescribed for self-appraisal, reporting, reviewing and acceptance of PAR in respect of AIS officers for the year 2019-20, in relaxation of Rule 4 A (1), Rule 5(1) read with Schedule 2 of the AIS (PAR) Rules, 2007 as amended, so as to give sufficient time to each authority, as indicated below:-
|Activity||Cut off dates|
|Self-appraisal for current year||31st May||30th June, 2020||31st August|
|Appraisal by Reporting Authority||31st July||31st August,|
|Appraisal by Reviewing Authority||30th|
|Appraisal by Accepting Authority||31st|
4. It has also been decided with the approval of Competent Authority, that irrespective of their date of retirement, the reporting/reviewing/accepting authorities, retiring from 29.02.2020 to 31.10.2020 shall be allowed to record PAR for the year 2019-2020 beyond the extant timeline of one month after their retirement and as per the revised timeline mentioned in para 3 above, in relaxation of Rule 7A of AIS (PAR) Rules, 2007 as amended.
5. Further, it may cause a burden on healthcare system as well as risk to AIS officers to get medical examination done for submitting mandatory summary of Medical Report along with self-appraisal. Therefore, with the approval of competent authority, it has also been decided to delink the submission of summary of medical report from recording and completion of APAR for the year 2019-2020 in respect of AIS officers. Also, it has been decided to extend the timeline for conduct of Annual Medical Examination and thereafter submitting the summary of Medical Report for the PAR year 2019-2020 for a further period up to 31.12.2020.
6. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, no remarks may be recorded after 31st December, 2020 in the PAR of AIS officers for the PAR year 2019-2020, in accordance with the 2nd proviso of the AIS (PAR) Rules, 2007 as amended.
7. The aforesaid relaxation is as a one-time measure only.
(Khushboo G Chowdhary)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India