Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 27th March 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. Guidelines for maintaining social distancing between individuals have already been issued by the Government. In the Spirit of above guidelines the undersigned is directed to state that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for chronic diseases may purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers / CGHS Specialists / other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020 irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. The idea behind the measures is that CGHS beneficiaries need not visit CGHS Wellness Centres to collect medicines till 30th April 2020.
2. The medical claim shall be submitted to CGHS by pensioners, ex-MPs etc.. through CGHS Wellness Centre, where the card is registered, to concerned Ministry / Department in case of serving employees, to the Rajya Sabha Secretariat / Lok Sabha Secretariat, as the case may be in respect of Hon’ble Members of Parliament and to the concerned Autonomous Body in case beneficiaries of Autonomous Bodies.
3. These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain )
- Circulation of OM issued by DoP&T regarding Fixation of pay on grant of MACP
- Acceptance of withdrawal form (SB-7) with passbook for National (Small) Savings Schemes in GDS Branch Post Offices.
- Amendment in SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in CBS and non-CBS Post Offices
- CGHS Shillong: Homeopathy OPD facilities is started functioning w.e.f. 18.09.2020 – MoHFW Order No. CGHS/ESTT/AYUSH/69/ 1215-27
- SOP for partial reopening of Schools for students of 9th to 12th classes on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers: In the context of COVID-19
- Schemes in operation for ex-servicemen