DIRECTORATE OF POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE
Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications,
Government of India
Chanakyapuri Post Office Complex, New Delhi-110021
Sub: Revision of approver limits of proposals & settlement of claims in respect of PLI & RPLI
In supersession of OM of this Directorate OM No. 25-1/2011-LI dated 19.10.2015 and to simplify the process of acceptance of new proposals and facilitate settlement of claims within Citizen Charter’s norms, approver limits for acceptance of new proposals and settlement of claims are hereby revised as following:-
1. New proposals, revival, surrender, forced surrender, maturity, survival, death claims (except early death claims) – PLI & RPLI
|S.No.||Approving Authority/Approver||Revised approver limit (for single or|
aggregate sum assured)
|1||Postmaster (HSG I/HSG II),|
Sr Postmaster(Gr B),
Dy. Chief Postmaster (Gr B),
A.D of HO (Gr B) headed by Director
|Upto and equal to Rs. 20 lakhs|
|2||Head of Division (Gr B/ Gr A),|
Chief Postmaster (Gr A),
Dy. Director of HO (Gr A) Headed by a Director
|Greater than Rs. 20 Lakhs and upto and|
equal to Rs. 50 Lakhs
ii. Early death claim (Death within 3 years of acceptance of policy) – PLI & RPLI
|S. No.||Approving Authority/ Approver||Revised approver limits for early|
death claim (for single or aggregate
|1||Director GPO (JAG), Director(HQ)/|
|All Cases (irrespective of Sum Assured)|
2. Second or subsequent loan not exceeding the amount as prescribed in POLI Rules will now be granted by Postmaster/Manager of CPC instead of Postmaster General subject to the condition of full repayment of the previous loan, if any.
3. In case of reopening of claim cases (for example. in case of court case etc). the authority competent to approve claims may re-open the claim but would submit it to the next higher authority for decision.
4. The following non-financial/financial service requests will continue to be approved by Postmaster/ Manager of Central Processing Centre (GPO/ Head Office) concerned:
(c)Billing frequency change
(d)Billing Method change
(g)Duplicate Policy Bond
(i)Refund of premium/loan interest or principal
(k)Free Look / policy cancellation.
(l)Authorization of medical examiner for examine PLI and RPLI proponent
5. The revised approver limits will be effective from 25th of August, 2020.
6. This issue with the approval of Competent Authority.
Dy. Divisional Manager-II