Review of Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme
F.No. AB- 14017/41/2013-Estt.RR
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Estt. RR Section
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: – Review of Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme (MFCS) – reg.
As the Scientific Ministries/Departments are aware, a Committee under former Secretary. Department of Bio-Teehnology. Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, was constituted to review the Modified Flexible Complimentary Scheme (MFCS). A proposal based on the recommendations of this Committee was considered by the Committee of Secretaries (CoS), constituted to frame comprehensive and uniform guidelines relating to promotion of scientists in Scientific Miniseries and Departments, in its meeting held on 20th February 2020.
2. The MFCS scheme issued, with the approval of ACC, by DoPT vides OM No. AB-14017/37/2008-Estt. RR dated 10.9.2010. inter-alia provides the following educational qualifications to be possessed by Scientist/Engineers holding a scientific post in a scientific Ministry/Department for being considered for promotion under the scheme:
“‘Masters’ degree in Natural/Agricultural Sciences or Bachelors’ degree in Engineering Technology/Medicine”
3. The CoS has inter-alia recommended that it may not be desirable to enlist/specify educational qualifications in the scheme itself’. Instead the educational qualifications and the specific subjects for the different scientific posts may be decided by the respective Miniseries/Departments.
4. Accordingly, all scientific Miniseries/Departments are advised to assess the adequacy of the above educational qualifications prescribed in MFCS. keeping in view the mandate and functional requirement of the Ministry/Departments and organizations working, under them. If there is a requirement of inclusion of a subject, other than those provided in the MFCS scheme issued vide the aforesaid OM dated 10.9.2010, the concerned scientific Ministry/Department may submit a proposal for consideration/approval, as per the laid down procedure.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Latest DOPT Order
- No Foreign Trainings conducted by Cadre Controlling Authorities CCAs/CTIs.
- Restructuring of Cadre of Artisan Staff in Defence Establishments
- Timelines for recording of PAR for the year 2019-20
- Extension of timelines of APAR for the year 2019 to 20-DOPT
- Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2021
- Extension of timelines for Recording of APAR