Retirement of Central Government Employees on 31st March 2020 – Clarification order issued by DoPT
Government of India
Department of Personnel and Training
(Establishment A-III Desk)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 31st March, 2020
Subject: Retirement of Government Servants on 31st March, 2020 – clarification.
In view of the unprecedented situation arising out of country-wide lockdown declared by the Government consequent to the outbreak COVID-19, it is clarified that the central Government employees who are attaining the age of superannuation on 31st March, 2020 in terms of Fundamental Rule 56 and due to retire, shall retire from Central Government service on 31st March, 2020, irrespective of whether they are working from home or working from office.
( Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
- Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region
- Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus-Departmental canteens.
- Model constitution and Rule and Regulations for the Central Government Employees RWA – DOPT
- Closure of Departmental Canteens – DOPT
- Exercise of Split Option under Saving Clause of FR-22(1)(a)(1) by officers of all grades of CSS cadre
- APAR in respect of officers appointed to the post of Joint Secretary-DOPT