Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 16th of April 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of OPD Medicines : Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 – Clarification
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In the spirit of above guidelines CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases have been provided an option vide Office memorandum of even number dated 27.03.2020, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/ CGHS Specialists / other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several queries are received in the Ministry seeking clarification as to whether medicines could be procured from CGHS Wellness Centres.
3. In this regard it is clarified that while the CGHS beneficiaries have been provided an additional option to purchase medicines for treatment of chronic diseases during lockdown Period’ and claim reimbursement, the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and medicines can be collected through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
- Extension of empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules till 31st July, 2023
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) for pensioners & family pensioners
- Increase in the rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners – RSCWS
- Person with disability in English and ‘Divyangjan’ in Hindi in the Indian Railways Portal
- Cadre Review of the Central Civil Accounts Service (CCAS)
- Compliance regarding disposal of grievances (DOP&PW) – DRPSC Recommendations on 110th & 113th Report