Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 16th of April 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of OPD Medicines : Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 – Clarification
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In the spirit of above guidelines CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases have been provided an option vide Office memorandum of even number dated 27.03.2020, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/ CGHS Specialists / other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several queries are received in the Ministry seeking clarification as to whether medicines could be procured from CGHS Wellness Centres.
3. In this regard it is clarified that while the CGHS beneficiaries have been provided an additional option to purchase medicines for treatment of chronic diseases during lockdown Period’ and claim reimbursement, the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and medicines can be collected through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
- Prohibiting the retired officers from writing about their department
- Dearness Allowance : Payment of additional installments of DA & DR due on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 & 01.01.2021 with arrears
- 7th Pay commission: Non Payment of enhanced HRA @ 9, 18 and 27 percent after DA increase beyond 25%
- AICPIN for the month of June 2021
- 7th Pay Commission : Payment of Leave Salary to Running Staff-Clarifications
- Railways : Implementation of various modules of HRMS – Issue of Privilege Passes and PRCP through Physical Mode till 31.08.2021