Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 16th of April 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of OPD Medicines : Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 – Clarification
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In the spirit of above guidelines CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases have been provided an option vide Office memorandum of even number dated 27.03.2020, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/ CGHS Specialists / other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several queries are received in the Ministry seeking clarification as to whether medicines could be procured from CGHS Wellness Centres.
3. In this regard it is clarified that while the CGHS beneficiaries have been provided an additional option to purchase medicines for treatment of chronic diseases during lockdown Period’ and claim reimbursement, the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and medicines can be collected through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
- Choice for NPS Subscribers to have physical or ePRAN card
- Instructions regarding Adherence of delegated Financial Powers & Time-lines
- Treatment of period of absence from the place of duty during the period of lockdown due to COVID-19.
- AICPIN for the month of May 2020 is 330
- Acceptance of Cheque in Branch Post Offices for Account Opening
- Rules for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II) 2020