Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 16th of April 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of OPD Medicines : Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 – Clarification
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In the spirit of above guidelines CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases have been provided an option vide Office memorandum of even number dated 27.03.2020, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/ CGHS Specialists / other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several queries are received in the Ministry seeking clarification as to whether medicines could be procured from CGHS Wellness Centres.
3. In this regard it is clarified that while the CGHS beneficiaries have been provided an additional option to purchase medicines for treatment of chronic diseases during lockdown Period’ and claim reimbursement, the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and medicines can be collected through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
- Extension of timings of eSanjeevani Teleconsultation: CGHS
- Corrigendum Slip No 4 to enhanced Delegation of Powers to GMs and DRMs: Railways
- Status Cadre Review proposals processed in cadre review Division of DoPT
- Retention of railway quarters either at the previous place of posting or current place of posting on account of superannuation: Railway
- Extension of timelines for filing of Income-tax returns and various reports of audit for the Assessment Year 2021-22
- Rate of interest on Special Deposit Scheme for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds : FINMIN Orders