RBE No. 28/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, Dated : 03.03.2020
The GMs/Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Coverage under Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, in place of National Pension System, of those Railway employees whose selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined Railway service on or after 01.01.2004.
A copy of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW’s) O.M. No. 57/04/2019-P&PW(B) dated 17th February 2020 is enclosed herewith for compliance and guidance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also. Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 correspond to the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993. The Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance’s Notification No. 517/2003-ECB &PR dated 22.12.2003, mentioned in the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020, has been circulated on Railways vide this office’s letter No. F(E)III/2003/PN1/24 dated 31.12.2003.
2. Similar to the amendments made in the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 and other connected rules, as mentioned in para 1 of the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020, the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 and other connected rules were also amended vide Notification No. F(E)III/2003/PN1/38 dated 30.12.2003.
3. Further, separate instructions with respect to para 9 of the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020 will be issued by the Accounts Directorate for the account of the corpus available in the NPS account of the railway servant.
(G. Priya Sudarsani)
Director, Finance (Estt.),
- Extension of empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules till 31st July, 2023
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) for pensioners & family pensioners
- Increase in the rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners – RSCWS
- Person with disability in English and ‘Divyangjan’ in Hindi in the Indian Railways Portal
- Cadre Review of the Central Civil Accounts Service (CCAS)
- Compliance regarding disposal of grievances (DOP&PW) – DRPSC Recommendations on 110th & 113th Report