RBE No. 28/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, Dated : 03.03.2020
The GMs/Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Coverage under Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, in place of National Pension System, of those Railway employees whose selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined Railway service on or after 01.01.2004.
A copy of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW’s) O.M. No. 57/04/2019-P&PW(B) dated 17th February 2020 is enclosed herewith for compliance and guidance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also. Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 correspond to the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993. The Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance’s Notification No. 517/2003-ECB &PR dated 22.12.2003, mentioned in the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020, has been circulated on Railways vide this office’s letter No. F(E)III/2003/PN1/24 dated 31.12.2003.
2. Similar to the amendments made in the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 and other connected rules, as mentioned in para 1 of the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020, the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 and other connected rules were also amended vide Notification No. F(E)III/2003/PN1/38 dated 30.12.2003.
3. Further, separate instructions with respect to para 9 of the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020 will be issued by the Accounts Directorate for the account of the corpus available in the NPS account of the railway servant.
(G. Priya Sudarsani)
Director, Finance (Estt.),
- Functioning of office with 100% strength – PCDA
- DOPT: Implementation of orders relating to promotion in various grades in CSSS
- Extension of Period for submission of life Certificate by Central Government Pensioners
- System Improvement in Contractual Work of Rewiring of Railway Quarters – Railway
- DA to CG employees & DR to CG pensioners at current rates – Confederation
- Re-engagement of retired Railway employees in exigencies of service