PCDA Circular No. 633 : Simplification of pension payment procedure – Submission of certificates by retiring Armed Forces Personnel
Office of the Principal CDA (Pension)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad – 211014
Circular No. 633
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt Bank Accounts, Central Office, C-7, Second Floor, Bandra-Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandra East, Mumbai- 400051
2. CMDs, All Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICI/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master, Kathua (J&K), and Camp Bell Bay.
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair.
Subject:- Simplification of pension payment procedure- Submission of certificates by retiring Armed Forces Personnel along with pension papers.
Reference:- This office Circular No. 546 dated 10.09.2015, No. 588 dated 20.10.2017 & No. 595 dated 25.01.2018.
Reference is invited to this office circular No. 546 dated 10.09.2015 (GoI, MOD Letter No. 3(01)/2015-D(Pen/Pol) dated 25.08.2015/ Circular no. 132 dated 27.01.2015 (GOI, Min of PPG&P, Deptt. of P&PW OM No. 1/27/2011-P&PW(E) dated 07.05.2014). The orders promulgated above, inter alia provide that the pensioner would no longer be required to visit the pension disbursing agency to activate the first payment of pension. The first payment will be credited in his account on the basis of undertaking/status of non-re-employment/re-employment after retirement on his retirement submitted by Service HQ/RO concerned on his retirement.
2. In pursuance of the decision to impose a complete lock-down in view of the threat posed by the spread of n COVID-19, the Record Offices have been requested to transmit the under mentioned documents to the concerned Pension Disbursement Agency (PDA) in soft copies (scanned copies in pdf) on the dedicated e-mail ID of the respective CPPC/DPDO/Treasury Offices available on the website of this office.
(i) Descriptive Roll
(ii) Undertaking regarding recovery of overpayment,
(iii) Re-employment/Non-re-employment certificate.
(iv) A copy of cancelled cheque in case pensioner opts to draw Pension from agencies other than bank viz Defence Pension Disbursing Office/Treasury Office etc.
3. In view of the above, all PDAs are hereby requested to follow the instructions contained in this office circular nos. 546 & 132 and to credit the Pensionary Awards notified in favour of the pensioner into his/her bank account without his/her physical presence as and when due on the basis of above mentioned documents in soft copy till further order in this regard. Pension disbursing authorities are requested to ensure that the pensionary benefits as given in the PPO are not held up for want of documents. Where required PDAs may make the effort to contact the pensioner through his email or mobile number notified in the PPO.
4. The above instructions apply mutatis mutandis in cases of Commissioned Officers except that the undertaking and certificate will be submitted by the officer directly to the bank through his email ID/mobile number notified in the PPO. The descriptive roll will be forwarded electronically by PCDA(P) to the bank alongwith the PPO.
5. However, where no discharge occurs due to various reasons (death, promotion, extension etc.), the same will be intimated immediately by AHQ/ RO to the Pension Sanctioning Authority and the PDA.
6. This measure has been necessitated to avoid inconvenience to defence pensioners in view of the prevalent circumstances and will be applicable till further orders.
7. All other instructions will remain unchanged.
8. This Circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination of all concerned.
9. Hindi version will follow.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)
Our Latest Update
- Unmarried disabled sons eligible for ECHS facilities even after attaining 25 years
- Choice for NPS Subscribers to have physical or ePRAN card
- Instructions regarding Adherence of delegated Financial Powers & Time-lines
- Relaxation guidelines in small savings schemes-DOP
- Treatment of period of absence from the place of duty during the period of lockdown due to COVID-19.
- AICPIN for the month of May 2020 is 330