Payment of enhanced rate of OFP in respect of JCO/ORs – PCDA Circular No. 629
Circular No. 629
Records/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject:- Payment of enhanced rate of OFP in respect of JCO/ORs for a period of 7 years or till the Armed Force Personnel would attain the age of 67 years whichever is earlier irrespective of the fact that individual has availed the extended period of service before release/discharge or not – reg.
Reference is invited to the GoI, MoD letter No. F. 14(3)/98/D(AG) dated 03.09.1998 under which the revised age of retirement was extended for 2 years with effect from 30.05.1998. Accordingly, the applicability of an enhanced rate of ordinary family pension was enhanced from 65 to 67 years of age of service pensioner or 7 years after retirement whichever was earlier to the Armed Force Personnel, who have qualified in screening board and got an extension of 2 years in service. Personnel who had not to get extension due to this in their case, old provision was applicable and enhance the rate of ordinary family pension was applicable up to 65 years of age of service pensioner or 7 years of service whichever was earlier.
2. Various pensioners association has represented that the orders of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension are required modification (for grant of enhance rate of family pension up to 67 years instead of 65 years in non-extension cases also) on the issue as GoI, MoD letter No. 6(1)/99/D(Pen/Sers) dated 18.03.1999 does not debar the benefit enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for those cases where extended term of engagement have not been granted by Screening Committee or was not availed for any other reason.
3. Now, the issue has been examined at appropriate level and it has been decided to vide MoD ID No. 2338/D(Pen/Pol)/2015 dated 11.11.2019 that provision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family pension, irrespective of retirement age and type of retirement, already exists and no separate Govt. orders are required.
In terms of clarification received from MoD it is stated that Armed forces personnel, who have not given extension are also eligible for enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for 7 years or upto 67 years whichever is earlier.
4. In view of the above, it is requested that future cases/claims may be dealt accordingly. In respect of past cases covered under this provision will be dealt by PDA for payment of arrears in affected cases.
5. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
6. The Hindi version will follow.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)
- Retention of railway quarters either at the previous place of posting or current place of posting on account of superannuation: Railway
- Extension of timelines for filing of Income-tax returns and various reports of audit for the Assessment Year 2021-22
- Rate of interest on Special Deposit Scheme for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds : FINMIN Orders
- PCDA Circular No. 654: Revision of limits of two Ordinary Family Pension payable to a child in respect of both the parents after the 7th CPC
- Air India LTC 80 Fare List January 2022 – Domestic Fares
- 7th Pay Commission: Admissibility of Composite Transfer Grant (CTG) on Retirement