Payment of enhanced rate of OFP in respect of JCO/ORs – PCDA Circular No. 629
Circular No. 629
Records/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject:- Payment of enhanced rate of OFP in respect of JCO/ORs for a period of 7 years or till the Armed Force Personnel would attain the age of 67 years whichever is earlier irrespective of the fact that individual has availed the extended period of service before release/discharge or not – reg.
Reference is invited to the GoI, MoD letter No. F. 14(3)/98/D(AG) dated 03.09.1998 under which the revised age of retirement was extended for 2 years with effect from 30.05.1998. Accordingly, the applicability of an enhanced rate of ordinary family pension was enhanced from 65 to 67 years of age of service pensioner or 7 years after retirement whichever was earlier to the Armed Force Personnel, who have qualified in screening board and got an extension of 2 years in service. Personnel who had not to get extension due to this in their case, old provision was applicable and enhance the rate of ordinary family pension was applicable up to 65 years of age of service pensioner or 7 years of service whichever was earlier.
2. Various pensioners association has represented that the orders of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension are required modification (for grant of enhance rate of family pension up to 67 years instead of 65 years in non-extension cases also) on the issue as GoI, MoD letter No. 6(1)/99/D(Pen/Sers) dated 18.03.1999 does not debar the benefit enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for those cases where extended term of engagement have not been granted by Screening Committee or was not availed for any other reason.
3. Now, the issue has been examined at appropriate level and it has been decided to vide MoD ID No. 2338/D(Pen/Pol)/2015 dated 11.11.2019 that provision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family pension, irrespective of retirement age and type of retirement, already exists and no separate Govt. orders are required.
In terms of clarification received from MoD it is stated that Armed forces personnel, who have not given extension are also eligible for enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for 7 years or upto 67 years whichever is earlier.
4. In view of the above, it is requested that future cases/claims may be dealt accordingly. In respect of past cases covered under this provision will be dealt by PDA for payment of arrears in affected cases.
5. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
6. The Hindi version will follow.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)
- Reporting of cases of deviations from the Central Vigilance Commission’s advice
- Deduction of Income Tax at Source for the AY-2022-23
- Percentage and type of Physical disability to be considered as disability for grant of family pension to the ward of the Railway employee
- Revised rates of Dearness Allowance for employees retired during the period from January, 2020 to June, 2021- Calculation of Gratuity and Cash payment in lieu of Leave
- Central Government relaxes provisions of TDS u/s 194A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 in view of section of 10(26) of the Act
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) @ 27%, 18% and 9% for X, Y & Z class cities w.e.f. 1st January 2021: IRTSA writes to FinMin