Paternity Leave [CCS Leave Rule – 43A]
(1) A male Government servant (including an apprentice) with less than two surviving children, may be granted Paternity Leave for a continuous period of 15 days, during the confinement of his wife for birth, i.e. up to 15 days before, or up to six months from the date of delivery of the child.
(2) The paternity Leave may be combined with leave of any other kind.
(3) The paternity leave shall not be debited against the leave account.
(4) If Paternity Leave is not availed of within the period specified in sub-rule (1), such leave shall be treated as lapsed.
3. Child Adoption Leave [CCS Leave Rule – 43B]
(1) A female Government servant (including an apprentice) with less than two surviving children, on valid adoption of a child of below the age one year, may be granted Child Adoption Leave for a period not exceeding 180* days immediately after the date of valid adoption.
(2) In continuation of Child Adoption Leave, a female Government servant, may also be granted leave of the kind due and admissible (including leave not due and commuted leave not exceeding 60 days without production of medical certificate) for a period up to one year or till such time the child is one year old, whichever is earlier.
(3)** A male Government servant (including an apprentice) with less than two surviving children, on valid adoption of a child below one year, may be granted Child Adoption Leave by an authority competent to grant leave for a continuous period not exceeding 15 days (in each occasion) within a period of six months from the date of valid adoption.
(4) However, this facility will not be admissible in case the Government servant is already having two surviving children at the time of adoption.
* Increased to 180 days, and ** newly introduced for male Government servants vide DOPT O.M. No. 13018/1/2009-Estt.(L), dated 22/07/2009