Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi -110 001
Dated: 3rd March, 2021
All Heads of Circles
Subject: Issuance of instructions for non-disclosure of the identity of the complainant under “Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informer”
This is regarding issuance of instructions for non-disclosure of the identity of the complainant at the time of posting of articles containing material of “Public Interest Disclosure and protection of informer’ (PIDPI) compliant.
2. The Central Vigilance Commission has requested that the name and address of the sender should not be insisted on the letters that are marked as “PIDPI” or “Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informer” in order to address the issue of non-disclosure of name & address of the sender/ complainant while posting/ submitting the PIDPI complaints through posting of article in post office.
3. The competent authority has accepted the recommendation of the CVC and the following has been decided regarding acceptance of envelopes super scribed as “PIDPI” Or “Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informer” addressed to the CVC as well as CVOs.
“Any article, addressed to the CVC as well as CVOs, posted with the superscription “Complaint under The Public Interest Disclosure” or “PIDP! Complaint” on the outside of the envelope of the article, can be accepted for posting registration and speed post service, without the name and complete address including mobile number & email address of the sender.”
Note 1: These instructions will compulsorily be followed in all the post offices viz. CSI Post Office & Non-CSI Post Offices (Meghdoot Millennium Software)
Note 2: All the Postmasters, Assistant Postmasters/supervisors and Postal Assistants and Branch Postmasters and Assistant branch Postmasters will scrupulously follow these instructions.
Note 3: Counter PAs/BPMs/ABPMs should also be instructed not to insist for name and address of the sender on booking such articles the superscription “Complaint under The Public Interest Disclosure” or “PIDPI Complaint”.
4. In the software, “PIDPI” will be entered against the Name & Address fields of the sender, at the time of booking of such Speed Post/Registered Articles.
5. It is requested to kindly circulate this order to all concerned for information, guidance and necessary action.
6. This issues with approval of the Competent Authority.
DDG (Postal Operations)