Subsequent to the Ministry of Home Affairs order regarding movement of migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and other persons stranded at different places by special trains,Indian Railways had decided to operate “Shramik Special” trains.
- Passengers are being given free meals and water
- Trains being run by Railways only after concurrence is given both by the State which is sending the passengers and the State which is receiving them
- Social distancing being observed
- Around 1200 passengers travel in each of these “Shramik Special” trains
As on 11th May 2020, a total of 468 “Shramik Special” trains have been operationalized from various states across the country, in which 363 trains had reached its destination and 105 trains are in transit.
These 363 trains were terminated in various states like Andhra Pradesh (1 Train), Bihar (100 Trains), Himachal Pradesh (1 Train), Jharkhand (22 Trains), Madhya Pradesh (30 Trains), Maharashtra (3 Trains), Odisha (25 Trains), Rajasthan(4 Trains), Telangana(2 Trains), Uttar Pradesh (172 Trains), West Bengal(2 Trains), Tamil Nadu (1 Train).
These trains have ferried migrants to cities like Tiruchchirappalli, Titlagarh, Barauni, Khandwa, Jagannathpur, Khurda Road, Prayagraj, Chhapra, Balia, Gaya, Purnia, Varanasi, Darbhanga, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Jaunpur, Hatia, Basti, Katihar, Danapur,Muzzaffarpur, Saharsa etc.
In these Shramik Special Trains, maximum around 1200 passengers can travel observing social distancing. Proper screening of passengers is ensured before boarding the train. During the journey, passengers are given free meals and water.
- Circulation of OM issued by DoP&T regarding Fixation of pay on grant of MACP
- Acceptance of withdrawal form (SB-7) with passbook for National (Small) Savings Schemes in GDS Branch Post Offices.
- Amendment in SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in CBS and non-CBS Post Offices
- CGHS Shillong: Homeopathy OPD facilities is started functioning w.e.f. 18.09.2020 – MoHFW Order No. CGHS/ESTT/AYUSH/69/ 1215-27
- SOP for partial reopening of Schools for students of 9th to 12th classes on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers: In the context of COVID-19
- Schemes in operation for ex-servicemen