Increase in the rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners
RAILWAY SENIOR CITIZENS WELFARE SOCIETY
(Estd. 1991, Regd. No. 1881 — Under Registration of Societies Act),
1. Secretary Finance (Expenditure), North Block, New Delhi – 110
2. Secretary, Department of Public Grievances, Adm. Reforms & Pensions, 5th Floor, Patel Bhavan, Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110001
Sub: Increase in the rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners.
Ref: 1. Recommendations of 110th report of Parliamentary Standing Committee on “Pensioners Grievances-Impact of Pension Adalats and Centralized Pensioners Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPENGRAMS)”
1. We seek your kind intervention to consider and revise the rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners as per the recommendations of 110 report of Parliamentary Standing Committee on “Pensioners Grievances-Impact of Pension Adalats and Centralized Pensioners Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPENGRAMS)”
2. In para 3.28 of 110th report of the said Committee on “Pensioner’s Grievances-Impact of Pension Adalats and Centralized Pensioners Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPENGRAMS)’, it was recommended that, “…. The Committee is of the view that the Government should sympathetically consider the demand of Pensioners’ Associations for 5% additional quantum of Pension on attaining the age of 65 years, 10% on 70 years, 15% on 75 years and 20% on 80 years to the Pensioners. The Committee recommends DoPPW to pursue vigorously with Finance Ministry and apprise the Committee of the outcome’.
Additional Quantum of Pension
|On attaining age of||Additional quantum of pension|
|65 years||5% of basic pension||Additional quantum of pension|
Recommended by the committee
|70 years||10% of basic pension|
|75 years||15% of basic pension|
|80 years||20% of basic pension||Existing additional quantum|
|85 years||30% of basic pension|
|90 years||40% of basic pension|
|95 years||50% of basic pension|
|100 years||100% of basic pension|
3. Sixth Pay Commission had recommended additional Pension of 20, 30, 40, 50 and 100 % for retirees and family pensioners on attaining the age of 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 years respectively. But this did not meet with the requirements of those in the age group of 65 to 80 years of age for meeting additional expenses on old age diseases and disabilities and other unforeseen exigencies, which further increase even faster in later years. Recommendation of Sixth Pay Commission for grant of 100% additional Pension after 100 years of age was illusionary and unjust in view of rare chances of survival up to or beyond 100 years of age. 7th CPC has also not changed these conditions.
4. 7th CPC in para 10.1.11 observed that of the total 51.96 lakh pensioners, 37 percent are in the 60-70 age group, about 26 percent each are in the 70-80 and ‘Other age group. The balance 11 percent are in the 80 plus category and thus entitled to enhanced pension based on advancing age. 7th CPC recommended for continuing existing rates of additional pension and additional family pension.
5. Granting additional pension / additional family pension from above age of 80 years only covers 11% of old age pensioners and family pensioners. Pensioners / family pensioners from the age of 65 years incur heavy medical expenses due to their health conditions, high expenses for medical treatments and medicines, etc.
6. Hence it is requested that, Additional Pension / Family Pension may please be paid at following rates – in view of steep increase in the expenditure on Medical treatment and health care in old age and as recommended by the committee
a. 5% additional Pension/Family Pension on attaining 65 years of age
b. 10% Additional Pension/Family Pension on attaining 70 years of age
c. 15 % additional Pension/Family Pension on attaining 75 years of age
Secretary General, RSCWS