Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Subject: Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
The undersigned is directed to convey the approval of Competent Authority on the following guidelines to regulate the Limited Transfer facility of Gramin Dak Sevaks GDS in supersession of all previous orders:-
Conditions of Transfer
(i) The maximum number of chances to be provided for male GDSs is ONE only and TWO for female GDSs.
(ii) The transfer will be at his/her own request and own cost to a vacant post at his/her place of choice to his/her/ spouse home village or home division or a place recommended for medical treatment.
(iii) A minimum engagement period of TWO years from the date of regular engagement on GDS Post will be mandatory for male GDS before transfer request can be entertained.
(iv) A minimum engagement period of ONE year from the date of regular engagement on GDS post will be mandatory for female GDS.
(v) For PwD GD and GDS having PwD dependents/ Mentally retarded dependents, a minimum engagement period of ONE year from the date of regular engagement on GDS Post will be mandatory.
(vi) Transfer request of GDS who are under put off duty or against whom any disciplinary action, Police case or Court case is pending will not be entertained.
(vii) Past engagement period will be counted for assessing the eligibility for appearing in departmental examination as well as for annual increment. GDS will not have any claim to go back to the previous engagement /recruitment Unit/Division in any circumstances.
(viii) When a GDS is transferred at his/her own request and the transfer is approved by the competent authority, she/he will rank junior in the seniority list of the new unit, to all the GDS of that unit who exist in the seniority list on the date on which the transfer is ordered, except in case of transfer within the same engagement/recruitment Sub Division/ Unit /Division.
(ix) Mutual Exchange facility can be provided to all GDS on completion of ONE year (for Female GDS) and TWO years (for Male GDS) engagement period as the case may be.
(x) The GDS can be transferred on her/his request in the following circumstances:-
- (a) BPM Level 2 to BPM Level-2 in TRCA slab 3
- (b) BPM Level-1 to BPM Level-1 in TRCA slab-2.
- (c) ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level-2 to ABPM/Dak Sevaks in TRCA slab-2 – Level-2
- (d) ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level-1 to ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level-1 in TRCA slab-1.
- (e) BPM Level-1 to ABPM/Dak Sevak Level-2(Postal/RMS) m the same TRCA slab.
- (f) ABPM/Dak Sevak Level-2 (Postal) to BPM Level-1 in the same TRCA slab provided that, the GDS has to make accommodation arrangement for managing BO as per standard prescribed for BO and fulfilling the condition of educational qualification, Computer certificate, etc. prescribed by the Department from time to time. Before joining as BPM Level-1, he/she has to undergo prescribed training for BPM.
- (g) Request transfer of ABPM/Dak Sevak from Postal to RMS in the same TRCA slab.
- (h) Transfer from RMS to Postal i.e. from Dak Sevak to ABPM/Dak Sevak in the same TRCA level. However, Dak Sevak from RMS should not be transferred to Postal Dn as BPM.
(xi) There will not be any drop in TRCA slab on account of a request transfer and numbers of increments earned by GDS will be retained.
(xii) All request transfers are to be considered subject to the condition that verification formalities viz (Caste, Education and Police verification report, etc.) should have been completed.
2. Competent Authority
The transfer of GDS will be approved by Regional PMG if the transfer is within the Region and by the Head of the Circle if the transfer is within the Circle. The approval of two concerned Head of Circle will be required if the transfer is between two Circles.
3. Process of Transfer
- (i) Application for transfer should be called for during April -June of every year.
- (ii) An application will be submitted to the Divisional Head on a prescribed Proforma attached herewith as Annexure-I. The application will be submitted through the head of the recruitment/ engagement Unit/ Division duly recommended.
- (iii)Divisional Head will submit all the applications to approving authority through proper channels with factual reports and recommendations.
- (iv) A separate register in prescribed Proforma attached herewith as Annexure-II is to be maintained at Circle Office/Regional Office/Divisional Office for recording transfer requests of all categories of GDS.
- (v) All the applications received will be arranged in order of seniority from the date of engagement of GDS and the orders for transfer may be issued during July.
4. The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER FROM ONE POST TO ANOTHER POST IN GRAMIN DAK SEVAK
- Name of the GDS
- Post held by GDS with the name of Sub Dn/Division/Circle
- Date of engagement as regular GDS
- Educational qualification
- Whether Single or married
- Existing TRCA Level with Slab
- GDS Post for which transfer is sought for along with the name of BO/SO/HO/ RO
- Name of Sub Dn/Division/Circle to which transfer is sought:
- Reasons for which transfer is sought for :
- Documentary evidence for the place of choice is his /her /spouse /Home village /Home Division/ place recommended for medical treatment. Please attach any of the following documents:-
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving licenses
- Passport/ Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Gas Bill
11. I, Shri/ Smt/ Miss _ _ _ _ declare that above information furnished by me is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I am agreeable to accept all the terms and conditions as per para 2 of the Dept. of Posts 0 M No. 17-31/2016-GDS dated 20.01.2020 amended from time to time.
Signature of the GDS
with post held by GDS
The above application of Shri/Smt./Ms. _ _ _ _ seeking transfer on own cost and request has been scrutinized by me and certified that the information furnished by the official in the application is correct. This is also to certify that:-
- The GDS is involved/ not involved in any loss, fraud, criminal cases
- No disciplinary case is pending against the GDS
12. The transfer is recommended I not recommended
Signature & Designation of the
Head of the Division Station
DECLARATION FOR TRANSFER FROM ONE POST TO ANOTHER POST BY GDS
(i) I hereby declare that in the event of my limited transfer from _ _ _ _ to _ _ _ _ I will rank junior in the gradation list of a new unit to all the GDS of that unit on the date of joining that unit
(ii) I will not claim any TA or Transit. I will not have any claim to go back to my old post in any circumstances. I will also abide by these conditions as amended from time to time.
Signature of the GDS
Post held by the GDS