Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 23rd April 2020
Subject: Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021.
The undersigned is directed to say that in view of the crisis arising out of COVID-19, has been decided that the additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners, due from 1st January 2020 shall not be paid. The additional installments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 shall also not be paid. However, Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief at current rates will continue to be paid,
2. As and when the decision to release the future installment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2021 is taken by the Government, the rates of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief as effective from 1st January 2020, 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 will be restored prospectively and Will be subsumed in the cumulative revised rate effective from 1st July 2021. No arrears for the period from 1st January 2020 till 30th June 2021 shall be paid.
3 These orders shall be applicable to all Central Government employees and Central Government pensioners.
(Annie George Mathew)
Additional Secretary to the Government of India
(i) All Ministries[Departments of the Government of India (as per standard distribution list).
(ii) Ministry of Railways
(iii) Ministry of Defence
Copy to: C&AG, UPSC, etc. as per standard endorsement list. 1/1/20204-11 (O) 23 2020 2021
- Reporting of cases of deviations from the Central Vigilance Commission’s advice
- Deduction of Income Tax at Source for the AY-2022-23
- Percentage and type of Physical disability to be considered as disability for grant of family pension to the ward of the Railway employee
- Revised rates of Dearness Allowance for employees retired during the period from January, 2020 to June, 2021- Calculation of Gratuity and Cash payment in lieu of Leave
- Central Government relaxes provisions of TDS u/s 194A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 in view of section of 10(26) of the Act
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) @ 27%, 18% and 9% for X, Y & Z class cities w.e.f. 1st January 2021: IRTSA writes to FinMin