Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 23rd April 2020
Subject: Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021.
The undersigned is directed to say that in view of the crisis arising out of COVID-19, has been decided that the additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners, due from 1st January 2020 shall not be paid. The additional installments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 shall also not be paid. However, Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief at current rates will continue to be paid,
2. As and when the decision to release the future installment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2021 is taken by the Government, the rates of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief as effective from 1st January 2020, 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 will be restored prospectively and Will be subsumed in the cumulative revised rate effective from 1st July 2021. No arrears for the period from 1st January 2020 till 30th June 2021 shall be paid.
3 These orders shall be applicable to all Central Government employees and Central Government pensioners.
(Annie George Mathew)
Additional Secretary to the Government of India
(i) All Ministries[Departments of the Government of India (as per standard distribution list).
(ii) Ministry of Railways
(iii) Ministry of Defence
Copy to: C&AG, UPSC, etc. as per standard endorsement list. 1/1/20204-11 (O) 23 2020 2021
- Extension of empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules till 31st July, 2023
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) for pensioners & family pensioners
- Increase in the rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners – RSCWS
- Person with disability in English and ‘Divyangjan’ in Hindi in the Indian Railways Portal
- Cadre Review of the Central Civil Accounts Service (CCAS)
- Compliance regarding disposal of grievances (DOP&PW) – DRPSC Recommendations on 110th & 113th Report