EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
New Delhi, the 30th December, 2020
No. HRD/55/2016/RR/EO-AO(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (a) of sub-section (7) of section 5D of the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952) and in supersession of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (Enforcement Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer) Recruitment Rules, 2002, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer) (Amendment) Recruitment Rules, 2009 and the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer) (Amendment) Recruitment Rules, 2015, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Board (Employees’ Provident Fund), with the approval of the Central Government, hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, Ministry of Labour and Employment, namely;-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, Enforcement Officer / Accounts Officer (Group ‘B’ post), Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix.- The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit and other qualifications etc.– The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualifications.- No Person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or (b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person;
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Board, Employees’ Provident Fund may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.- Where the Central Board is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with the Government of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment and the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Savings.– Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of post.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.|
|Group – ‘B’,|
|Level-8 in the Pay Matrix (Rs.47,600 – 1,51,100).|
Non-functional upgradation in Level-9 in the Pay
Matrix (Rs.53,100-1,67,800) on completion of
four years of regular service in Level-8 in the pay
|Whether selection post or Non- selection post||Age-limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.|
|Selection||Not exceeding thirty years of age. (Relaxable for Government servants and employees of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government). Note: The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be as advertised by Union Public Service Commission.||Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from recognised university or institute. Note: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.||Not Applicable.|
|Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Two years for direct recruits.||60 per cent by promotion. 40 per cent by direct recruitment.|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation / absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation / absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Promotion: Section Supervisors with two years’ regular service in level-7 in the pay matrix (Rs.44,900 – 1,42,400) serving in the respective Zone and possessing the minimum educational qualification of matriculation from a recognised board; and having successfully completed two to four weeks training as devised by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation.Note 1: Those persons who are due to retire within two years may be exempted from completion of such training for promotion.Note 2: Respective Zone means all offices of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation maintaining a common seniority list within the zone.Note 3: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.||Group ‘B’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:- 1. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner (Zone)- Chairman; 2. Regional Provident Fund Commissioner-I (Zonal Office)- Member; 3. An officer of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation in the region not below the rank of Joint Director- Member. Group ‘B’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:- 1. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner (Zone)- Chairman; 2. Regional Provident Fund Commissioner-I (Zonal Office)- Member; 3. An officer of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation in the region not below the rank of Joint Director-Member.||Consultation with the Union Public Service Commission is necessary while making direct recruitment.|
Central Provident Fund Commissioner and Secy.,
Central Board, Employees’ Provident Fund