EPFO Issues Revised Instructions to Facilitate PF Members to Rectify their Birth Records
In a move to extend the availability and reach of online services in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, EPFO has issued revised instructions to its field offices to facilitate PF members to rectify their date of birth in EPFO records, thus ensuring that their UAN is KYC compliant.
The date of birth recorded in ‘Aadhaar’ will now be accepted as valid proof of date of birth for the purpose of rectification, provided that the difference in the two dates is less than 3 years. The PF subscribers can submit the correction requests online.
This will enable EPFO to validate the date of birth of members online with UIDAI instantaneously, thus authenticating and reducing the processing time of change requests.
EPFO has instructed field offices to expedite disposal of online requests, enabling PF members in financial distress, to apply online for availing non refundable advance from their PF accumulations to tide over the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grant of Dearness Relief to SRPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment
- Presidential orders of Casual workers (TSMs) working as on 30.09.2000 and regularised in BSNL
- Railways: Provision of schools in Railway Colonies for the children of Railway Servants
- Revision of Investment Management Fees charged by Pension Funds
- Transparency in Works/ Purchase/ Consultancy contracts awarded on nomination basis
- Delegation of powers to Air Travel in connection with Final Location Survey of Bilaspur – Manali-Leh, new BG Line