Circular No. 630
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt, Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICI/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K) and Camp Bell Bay.
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer Andaman and Nicobar Administration Port Blair.
Subject:- Payment of enhanced rate of OFP in respect of JCO/ORs for a period of 7 years or till the Armed Force Personnel would attain the age of 67 years whichever is earlier irrespective of the fact that individual has availed the extended period of service before release/discharge or not – reg.
Reference is invited to the GoI, MoD letter No. F. 14(3)/98/D(AG) dated 03.09.1998 under which revised age of retirement was extended for 2 years with effect from 30.05.1998. Accordingly applicability of enhanced rate of ordinary family pension was enhanced from 65 to 67 years age of service pensioner or 7 years after retirement whichever was earlier to the Armed Force Personnel, who have qualified in screening board and got extension of 2 years in service. Personnel who had not get extension due to this in their case, old provision was applicable and enhance rate of ordinary family pension was applicable upto 65 years of age of service pensioner or 7 years whichever was earlier.
2. Various pensioners association has represented that the orders of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension are required modification (for grant of enhance rate of family pension upto 67 years instead of 65 years in nonextension case also) on the issue as GoI, MoD letter No. 6(1)/99/D(Pen/Sers) dated 18.03.1999 does not debar the benefit of enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for those cases where extended term of engagement have not been granted by Screening Committee or was not availed for any other reason.
3. Now, the issue has been examined by the competent authority and it has been decided to vide MoD ID No. 2338/D(Pen/Pol)/2015 dated 11.11.2019 that provision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family pension, irrespective of retirement age and type of retirement, already exists and no separate Govt. orders are required.
In terms of clarification received from MoD, it is stated that Armed forces personnel who have not get extension are also eligible for enhanced rate of family pension for 7 years or upto 67 years whichever is earlier.
4. In view of above, PDAs are hereby authorized to make the payment of arrear in the affected case of post 30.05.1998 retirees/death where enhanced rate of ordinary family pension was paid only upto age of 65 years instead of 67 years age of pensioner due to non extension of same or otherwise. Therefore, PDAs are requested to review all past cases of post 30.05.1998 retirees/death where enhanced rate of ordinary family pension was paid less than 7 years and stopped due to completion of 65 years age of pensioner. In such cases if arrear due of enhanced rate of ordinary family pension due to completion of 67 years age of pensioner or 7 years whichever was earlier, the same may be calculated and paid to the affected family pensioner. In case LTA are due, if family pensioner had died earlier before receiving it, same may be paid as usual manner.
5. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
6. Hindi version will follow.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)
- Extension of empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules till 31st July, 2023
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) for pensioners & family pensioners
- Increase in the rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners – RSCWS
- Person with disability in English and ‘Divyangjan’ in Hindi in the Indian Railways Portal
- Cadre Review of the Central Civil Accounts Service (CCAS)
- Compliance regarding disposal of grievances (DOP&PW) – DRPSC Recommendations on 110th & 113th Report