Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated : 18th Nov 2020.
1. All Heads of Postal Circles.
2. Director, RAKNPA, Ghaziabad
3. Addl. DG, APS, New Delhi
4. CGM, BD / Parcel / PLI Directorate.
5. Director PTCs
Subject: Clarification on Eligibility Criteria for inspector Posts/ASPOs for appearing in Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) for promotion to the cadre of PS Group ‘B’ for the vacancies of the year 2017-18, 2018, 2019 and 2020 – Regarding.
Kind reference is invited towards para 5 of this office memo of even number dated 26.12.2019 whereby it was mentioned that “where junior Inspectors of Post who have completed qualifying/eligibility service, are considered eligible for appearing in PS Gr ‘B’ LDCE, their senior should also be allowed to appear in the PS Gr ‘B’ LDCE provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying/eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying/eligibility service or two years whichever is less, and have completed Probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors, who have already completed such qualifying/eligibility service”.
2. It was inter-alia mentioned in para 4 that seniority of IP cadre are initially fixed at Circle level and then the seniority of IP is prepared/ fixed/ categorized/ updated at centralized (all India) level in the Directorate. As far as IP who are to appear in LDCE 2018 & 2019 are concerned, seniority at Circle level is now required to be taken for the above purpose.
3. Now, Some Circles have sought clarification whether Inspectors of Posts of a particular Circle, who are short of eligibility service for appearing in PS Group ‘IT LDCE, can be allowed to appear in the PS Group ‘B’ LDCE in terms of DoP Memo No. 9-36/2019-SPG-II dated 26.12.2019 on the grounds that an Inspector of Posts who is junior to them owing to his transfer to that Circle under Rule-38 (who is otherwise senior to them in the All India Seniority List) has completed the eligibility / qualifying service for appearing in PS Group `B’ LDCE
4. The para 4 of DoP memo no. 9-36/2019-SPG-II dated 26.12.2019 as mentioned in para 2 supra has been re-visited and examined in view of existing provisions on the subject matter and it is clarified that in such cases where old and new unit form part of a wider unit for the purpose of promotion to a higher cadre, the transferee under Rule-38 (whether by mutual exchange or otherwise) will retain his original seniority in the gradation list of the wider unit. In the instant case of Inspector of Posts, the old and new unit are Circles while wider unit is All India. Therefore in such cases, the senior IP’s of such Circle cannot claim the benefit of appearing in the PS Group ‘B’ LDCE exam with reference to such eligible junior (transferee under Rule-38).
5. These clarifications are issued with reference to eligibility of Inspector Posts/ASPOs for appearing in LDCE for promotion to Postal Service Group B only
6. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Assistant Director General (SPG)