By Email Only
Central Organisation, ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Thimayya Mary, Near Gopinath
Circle, Delhi Gantt-110010
14 May 2020
(All Regional Centres).
ADVISORY TO EMPANELLED HCOs UNDER ECHS: CASHLESS TREATMENT
COVID-19 TESTING AND CONSERVATIVE MANAGEMENT
1. Please ref the fwg
(a) CO ECHS letter No B/49770/AG/ECHS/Treatment/Policy dt 21 Apr 2020.
(b) Min of Health & Family Welfare Office Memorandum No S-11011/20/CGHS/ADDG/2020 dt 21 Apr 2020.
2. It has been observed that there has been a rise in clientele dissatisfaction as the empanelled hospitals are charging the ECHS beneficiaries in cash for COVID-19 testing if advised by Dr/ before admission or surgery, despite of issuing clear instructions vide this HQ letter mentioned in Para 1(a) above that the charges for COVID-19 testing should not be levied in cash from ECHS beneficiaries. It is again reiterated that the service will be rendered cashless by the empanelled hospitals and included in the hospital bills, failing which it will be considered as level-I violation as per Para 5 (a) (iii) and action will be taken as per Para 6 to 11 of CO ECHS letter No B/49717-C/AG/ECHS dt 04 Dec 2019.
3. The Health Care Organisations (HCOs) empanelled under ECHS shall treat ECHS beneficiaries at CGHS rates of conservative management for COVID-19 and raise the bill on items wise calculation of expenditure. They shall follow the guidelines/ protocols issued by Ministry of Health & Family ‘Welfare on the subject. These guidelines are available on the vvebsite of MoH&FW at http//mohfw.gov.in
4. It is also clarified that CGHS rate for COVID-19 infection test shall be as per the rate prescribed by MoH&FW which shall be treated as CGHS rate, The bill for all such investigations will be admissible at CGHS rates, The HCOs shall also inform the Dir RC concerned of the provisions made by the hospital for the treatment of COVID-19.
5. This has the approval of MD ECHS.
(Anupam N Adhaulia)
for MD ECHS
Latest Updates From Government
- Prohibiting the retired officers from writing about their department
- Dearness Allowance : Payment of additional installments of DA & DR due on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 & 01.01.2021 with arrears
- 7th Pay commission: Non Payment of enhanced HRA @ 9, 18 and 27 percent after DA increase beyond 25%
- AICPIN for the month of June 2021
- 7th Pay Commission : Payment of Leave Salary to Running Staff-Clarifications
- Railways : Implementation of various modules of HRMS – Issue of Privilege Passes and PRCP through Physical Mode till 31.08.2021