GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
File No. PC-VII/2019/I/7/5/5
New Delhi, dated: 20.05.2020
The General Manager,
All India Railways & Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Sub: – Dress Allowance to Nursing Personnel – clarification regarding
The recommendations of 7th CPC on Dress Allowance, as accepted by Government of India, were adopted in Ministry of Railways vide RBE No. 141/2017 dated 03.10.2017, followed by a clarification issued vide Letter No. PC-VII/2018/I/7/5/1 dated 20.06.2019. Vide the said order dated 03.10.2017, Nurses were granted Dress Allowance @ 1800 per month w.e.f. 01.07.2017.
2. Consequent to implementation of RBE 141/2017, clarifications have been sought by Railways on whether Assistant Nursing Officers are eligible for grant of Dress Allowance of 1800 per month.
3. In this context, it is stated that as per the Office Memorandum No. Z.28015/50/2017-N dated 31.08.2017 issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Finance (Nursing section), Dress Allowance at the rate of 1800 per month shall be paid to the Nursing Personnel of all categories at all levels working in Central Government/UT Hospitals/ Institutions and Centrally funded autonomous bodies. In view of the same, it is clarified that Nursing Personnel of all categories at all levels working in Railway Hospitals are eligible for grant of Dress Allowance @ 1800 per month. Accordingly, Assistant Nursing Officers are eligible for grant of Dress Allowance of 1800 per month if they had been receiving uniform material and associated allowances like Uniform Allowance, Washing Allowance etc. prior to 1St July, 2017 i.e. date of admissibility of Dress Allowance.
4. The other terms and conditions stipulated in RBE 141/2017 and clarification dated 20.06.2019 shall remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director, Pay Commission-VII
- Execution of Vakalatanamnas for filing in the Courts – Railways
- ‘Good Work done’ practices reported by Railway units- Railways Board.
- System Improvement in Contractual Work of Rewiring of Railway Quarters – Railway
- Re-engagement of retired Railway employees in exigencies of service
- Rollout of new Modules of HRMS w.e.f. 01.01.2021 – Railway Order
- Uploading of work experience/service of retiring employees on Anubhay Portal