Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – regarding.
In order to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), some precautionary measures are required to be taken by all the employees and the Ministries/Departments. In this regard, it has been decided to issue the following advisory for the well-being of Government employees and in the public interest.
2. All the Ministries/Departments are advised to take all necessary measures such as:-
(i) Install thermal scanners at the entry of Government buildings, as feasible. The mandatory placing of hand sanitizers at the entry of Government buildings. Those found having flu-like symptoms may be advised to take proper treatment/quarantine etc.
(ii) Discourage, to the maximum extent, entry of visitors in the office complex. Routine issues of visitors/temporary passes should be suspended with immediate effect. Only those visitors who have proper permission of the officer who they want to meet should be allowed after being properly screened.
(iii) Meetings, as far as feasible, should be done through video conferencing. To minimize or reschedule meetings involving large number of people unless necessary.
(iv) Avoid non-essential official travel.
(v) Undertake essential correspondence on official email and avoid sending files and documents to other offices, to the extent possible.
(vi) Facilitate delivery and receipt of dak at the entry point itself of the office building, as far as practicable.
(vii) Close all gyms/recreation centres/creches located in Government buildings.
(viii) Ensure proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of the work-place, particularly of the frequently touched surfaces.
(ix) Ensure regular supply of hand sanitisers, soap and running
water in the washrooms.
(x) All officials may be advised to take care of their own health and look out for respiratory symptoms/fever and, if feeling unwell, should leave the workplace immediately after informing their reporting officers. They should observe home-quarantine as per the guidelines issued by MoH&FW, Government of India available at the following URL: mohfw.gov.in/DraftGuidelinesforhomequarantine.pdf.
(xi) The leave sanctioning authorities are advised to sanction leave whenever any request is made for self-quarantine as a precautionary measure.
(xii) Advise all employees who are at higher risk i.e. older employees, pregnant employees and employees who have underlying medical conditions, to take extra precautions. The Ministries/Departments may take care not to expose such employees to any front-line work requiring direct contact with the public.
3. An indicative list of Do’s and Don’ts is also annexed for wide
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Our Latest Update
- Circulation of OM issued by DoP&T regarding Fixation of pay on grant of MACP
- Acceptance of withdrawal form (SB-7) with passbook for National (Small) Savings Schemes in GDS Branch Post Offices.
- Amendment in SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in CBS and non-CBS Post Offices
- CGHS Shillong: Homeopathy OPD facilities is started functioning w.e.f. 18.09.2020 – MoHFW Order No. CGHS/ESTT/AYUSH/69/ 1215-27
- Relaxation of Eligibility of all grades in appearing Ministerial Staff Exam- 2020
- SOP for partial reopening of Schools for students of 9th to 12th classes on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers: In the context of COVID-19