Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – regarding.
In order to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), some precautionary measures are required to be taken by all the employees and the Ministries/Departments. In this regard, it has been decided to issue the following advisory for the well-being of Government employees and in the public interest.
2. All the Ministries/Departments are advised to take all necessary measures such as:-
(i) Install thermal scanners at the entry of Government buildings, as feasible. The mandatory placing of hand sanitizers at the entry of Government buildings. Those found having flu-like symptoms may be advised to take proper treatment/quarantine etc.
(ii) Discourage, to the maximum extent, entry of visitors in the office complex. Routine issues of visitors/temporary passes should be suspended with immediate effect. Only those visitors who have proper permission of the officer who they want to meet should be allowed after being properly screened.
(iii) Meetings, as far as feasible, should be done through video conferencing. To minimize or reschedule meetings involving large number of people unless necessary.
(iv) Avoid non-essential official travel.
(v) Undertake essential correspondence on official email and avoid sending files and documents to other offices, to the extent possible.
(vi) Facilitate delivery and receipt of dak at the entry point itself of the office building, as far as practicable.
(vii) Close all gyms/recreation centres/creches located in Government buildings.
(viii) Ensure proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of the work-place, particularly of the frequently touched surfaces.
(ix) Ensure regular supply of hand sanitisers, soap and running
water in the washrooms.
(x) All officials may be advised to take care of their own health and look out for respiratory symptoms/fever and, if feeling unwell, should leave the workplace immediately after informing their reporting officers. They should observe home-quarantine as per the guidelines issued by MoH&FW, Government of India available at the following URL: mohfw.gov.in/DraftGuidelinesforhomequarantine.pdf.
(xi) The leave sanctioning authorities are advised to sanction leave whenever any request is made for self-quarantine as a precautionary measure.
(xii) Advise all employees who are at higher risk i.e. older employees, pregnant employees and employees who have underlying medical conditions, to take extra precautions. The Ministries/Departments may take care not to expose such employees to any front-line work requiring direct contact with the public.
3. An indicative list of Do’s and Don’ts is also annexed for wide
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Our Latest Update
- Reporting of cases of deviations from the Central Vigilance Commission’s advice
- Deduction of Income Tax at Source for the AY-2022-23
- Percentage and type of Physical disability to be considered as disability for grant of family pension to the ward of the Railway employee
- Revised rates of Dearness Allowance for employees retired during the period from January, 2020 to June, 2021- Calculation of Gratuity and Cash payment in lieu of Leave
- Central Government relaxes provisions of TDS u/s 194A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 in view of section of 10(26) of the Act
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) @ 27%, 18% and 9% for X, Y & Z class cities w.e.f. 1st January 2021: IRTSA writes to FinMin