Contribution to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund : COVID-19 Epidemic
(GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
(MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
New Delhi, Dated 27.03.2020
All Zonal Railways, PUs etc
including Metro Railway,
Sub.: Contribution to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund(PMNRF) : COVID-19 Epidemic.
As you are aware, our country is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 epidemic which has already been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. This is one of the worst and most unprecedented disaster faced by our nation. Resultantly, a National Disaster has been declared leading to invocation of statutory provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005 which has already been conveyed by Railway Board’s two letters issued vide No. 2020/Safety(DM)/6/14 dated 25.03.2020.
2. Board has taken note of the fact that the likely intensity and spread of disease necessitate mobilization of all possible help and contribution from every source. Therefore, those of us who are more fortunately placed have a very special responsibility in this hour of gravest crisis. Railwaymen has always stood up and extended their helping hand in such hour of distress. In the past also, Railwaymen had shown their solidarity and generosity by contributing a day’s basic pay to provide support to needy people.
3. Therefore, Board desires that an appeal should be made to each one of Railway Servants to generously contribute to PMNRF by donating at least one day’s basic pay towards this cause. In order to facilitate voluntary contribution to PMNRF, it is suggested that one day’s basic pay should be deducted from salary of all willing Railway Servants except those who give a specific declaration either (a) for non-deduction ; or (b) for deduction of an amount less than one day’s basic pay, on this account. As you are aware, contributions to the PMNRF are notified for 100% deduction from taxable income under Section 80(C) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 for eligible taxpayers willing to avail such tax deduction benefit.
4. Therefore, it is directed to arrange to send an appeal, as per aforesaid, to all the Railway Servants under your control through letters, SMS and other electronic means of communication duly involving recognized Trade Unions etc. The Zonal Railways/PUs/Other administrative Units should transfer the consolidated amount towards contribution to PMNRF to Railway Board so that a single cheque on behalf of all Railwaymen can be handed over to the Prime Minister’s Office.
Executive Director Estt(IR)
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners in implementation
- Freezing New Posts Creation And Surrender Of 50% Vacancies In Railways
- Inconsistency in pay consequent to implementation of 7th CPC
- Extension of Validity of Passes/PTOs -Railway Board Order
- OD No 45 of 2020.Preventive Measures to contain the spread of COVID-19
- Office Order No. 44 of 2020 Railway Board