No. 1/6/2020-P&PW (E)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi,
3rd March, 2020
Subject: Co-authorization of permanently disabled child/children in PPO for Family Pension – reg
It has come to the notice of this Department that pensioners are facing difficulties in co-authorizing their disabled child or sibling in the Pension Payment Orders (PPOs), due to the insistence of sanctioning authorities for supply of information such as passport size photographs of the guardian, copy of passbook/particulars indicating Bank account details of the guardian, etc. The undersigned is directed to say that several guidelines have already been issued in the matter to avoid any hardship to pensioners while processing their case of co-authorization in favour of permanently disabled child/children or sibling. On the basis of OMs already issued, the process of co-authorization is being reiterated as under
1. Permanently disabled child/children or sibling can be co-authorized in the PPO issued to the retiring Government servant if there is no other eligible prior claimant for family pension other than the spouse. (OM No. 1/27/2011-P&PW (E) dated 1st July, 2013).
2. The Pension Disbursing Authority shall authorize payment of family pension to a permanently disabled child or dependent parent or disabled sibling whose name has been included in the Pension Payment Order after receipt of claim on death or ineligibility of family pensioner. Bank will also facilitate in opening account if there is no account in the name of co-authorized individual. (As per proviso under Sub-rule 2(vi)of Rule 81 of CCS (Pension) Rule, 1972).
3. In the case of a mentally disabled child/children or sibling, the family pension shall be payable to a person nominated by the Government servant or the pensioner. (As per proviso under Sub-rule 6 of Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rule, 1972).
4. In case no such nomination has been furnished to the Head of Office by such Government servant or pensioner during his lifetime, it will be payable to the person nominated by the spouse of such Government servant or family pensioners later on. (As per proviso under Sub-rule 6 of Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rule, 1972).
5. Certificate of guardianship issued by the local level committees under Section 14 of the National Trust Act, 1999 (the Act is issued on the authority of the law passed by the Parliament), may be accepted for nomination / appointment of guardian for grant of family pension in respect of persons suffering from the above disabilities included in the
Act. (As per proviso under Sub-rule 6 of Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rule, 1972).
6. The authorization shall be made in the PPO or by issuing a revised authority if a child/children or sibling is authorized for Family pension after issue of the PPO. (OM No. 1/27/2011-P&PW(E) dated 1st July, 2013),In view of above, it is clarified that Pensioners may not be persuaded to furnish information such as name of guardian, photo of guardian and their Bank account details. Only details of disabled child or sibling along with disability certificate will suffice, for processing the case of such a dependent for co-authorization in the PPO for family pension.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- Circulation of OM issued by DoP&T regarding Fixation of pay on grant of MACP
- Acceptance of withdrawal form (SB-7) with passbook for National (Small) Savings Schemes in GDS Branch Post Offices.
- Amendment in SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in CBS and non-CBS Post Offices
- CGHS Shillong: Homeopathy OPD facilities is started functioning w.e.f. 18.09.2020 – MoHFW Order No. CGHS/ESTT/AYUSH/69/ 1215-27
- Relaxation of Eligibility of all grades in appearing Ministerial Staff Exam- 2020
- SOP for partial reopening of Schools for students of 9th to 12th classes on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers: In the context of COVID-19