Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 18th May, 2020
Subject: Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) — Attendance regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to OM of even number dated 23rd April, 2020 on the above-mentioned subject. Ministry of Home Affairs, vide its Order dated 17.5.2020, has since directed that lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 shall continue for a period up to 31.5.2020 and has prescribed guidelines on the measures to be taken by various authorities for containment of COVID -19 in the country.
2. In Annexure II of the guidelines, specific measures, in the form of National Directives for COVID-19 management and Additional directives for Work Places have been prescribed (copy enclosed). In accordance with these guidelines, and with a view to enabling implementation of social distancing norms, it has been decided that the attendance in Central Government offices shall be regulated as follows:
(a) All officers of the level of Deputy Secretary and above shall attend office on all working days.
(b) For regulating the attendance of officers and staff below the level of Deputy Secretary, all Heads of the Department shall prepare a roster so as to ensure that 50 percent of officers and staff attend office on every alternate day. Those officers/staff who are not required to attend office on a particular day, shall work from home and should be available on telephone and electronic means of communications at all times.
(C) All Heads of the Department shall also ensure that the 50 percent of officers and staff who attend office observe staggered timings, as under:-
1st shift: 9 AM to 5.30 PM
2nd shift: 9.30 AM to 6 PM
3rd shift: 10 AM to 6.30 PM
3. The above instructions shall be in force with immediate effect and until further orders. Bio-metric attendance shall continue to be suspended until further orders. The Heads of the Department may kindly ensure strict compliance of these instructions as well as the directives of Ministry of Home Affairs.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
National Directives for COVID 19 Management
i. Wearing of face cover is compulsory in all public and work places.
ii. Spitting in public & work places shall be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations by the State/ UT local authority.
iii. Social distancing shall be followed by all persons in public places and in transport.
iv. Marriage related gathering shall ensure social distancing, and the maximum number of guests allowed shall not be more than 50.
v. Funeral/ last rites related gathering shall ensure social distancing, and the maximum numbers allowed shall not be more than 20.
vi. Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc. in public places is not allowed.
vii. Shops will ensure minimum six feet distance (2 gaz ki doon) among customers and shall not allow more than 5 persons at the shop.
Additional directives for Work Places
viii. As far as possible, the practice of work from home should be followed.
ix. Staggering of work/ business hours shall be followed in offices, work places. shops, markets and industrial & commercial establishments.
X.Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer will be made at all
entry and exit points and common areas.
xi. Frequent sanitization of entire workplace, common facilities and all points which come into human contact e.g door handles etc., shall be ensured, including between shifts.
xii. All persons in charge of work places shall ensure social distancing through adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts. staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc.
- Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus-Departmental canteens.
- Model constitution and Rule and Regulations for the Central Government Employees RWA – DOPT
- Closure of Departmental Canteens – DOPT
- Exercise of Split Option under Saving Clause of FR-22(1)(a)(1) by officers of all grades of CSS cadre
- APAR in respect of officers appointed to the post of Joint Secretary-DOPT
- Protection of pay in respect of candidates from PSUs, Universities, autonomous bodies, etc