Central Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2021 – Rule 8 of CCS Pension Rules and Undertaking in Form 26
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES, AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 1st July, 2021
G.S.R. 469(E).—In the notification of the Government of India, in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training, No.294] dated the 1st June, 2021, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i), vide number G.S.R. 360(E) dated the 31st May, 2021,
1. Short title and commencement: – (1) These rules may be called the Central Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2020.
1. Short title and commencement: – (1) These rules may be called the Central Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2021.
SUJATA CHATURVEDI, Addl. Secy.
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel And Training)
New Delhi, the 31st May, 2021
G.S.R. 360(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 and clause (5) of article 148 of the Constitution and, after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India in relation to persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, the President hereby makes following rules further to amend the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 namely:-
1. Short title and commencement :-
(1)These rules may be called the Central Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules 1972 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 8, in sub-rule (3A), for clause (a), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
““(a) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-rule (3), no Government servant, who, having worked in any Intelligence or Security-related organisation included in the Second Schedule of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005), shall, without prior clearance from the Head of the Organisation, make any publication after retirement, of any material relating to and including:
(i) domain of the organisation, including any reference or information about any personnel and his designation, and expertise or knowledge gained by virtue of working in that organisation;
(ii) sensitive information, the disclosure of which would prejudicially affect the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security, strategic, scientific or economic interests of the State, or relation with a foreign State or which would lead to incitement of an offence.
3B. The Head of the Organisation shall vest with the authority to decide as to whether the proposed material for publication is sensitive or non-sensitive, and whether it falls in the domain of the organization.”
3. In the said rules, for FORM 26, the following Form shall be substituted, namely: —
[See sub-rule (3A) of rule 8]
I, __________, who have worked in __________ (Name of organisation), on the post of __________, for the period from to ,do hereby solemnly declare that, save with the prior approval of the Competent Authority, I shall not publish in any manner, while in service or after retirement, any information or material or knowledge which 1s related to the domain of the organisation and obtained by virtue of my working in the said organisation. This declaration is notwithstanding my responsibilities and liability, in terms of the relevant conduct rules, pension rules, laws dealing with offences relating to official secrets or national security and the Intelligence Organisations (Restriction of Rights) Act, 1985 (58 of 1985), as the case may be. I further agree that in the event of any failure of the above undertaking by me, the decision of the Government as to whether it was likely to prejudicially affect the aspects stated above shall be binding on me.
2. I am aware that the pension which may be granted to me after retirement, in terms of the relevant pension rules, can be withheld or withdrawn, in full or part, for any failure of this undertaking given.
Signature of the Government Servant
SUJATA CHATURVEDI, Addl. Secy.
Note :- The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Part-II, Section 3, Sub-section (4) vide number S. O. 934, dated the 1st April, 1972 and subsequently amended vide notifications number –
1. S.O. 254 dated the 4th February, 1989.
2. S.O. 970 dated the 6th May, 1989.
3. S.O. 2467 dated the 7th October, 1989.
4. S.O. 899 dated the 14th April, 1990.
5. S.O. 1454 dated the 26th May, 1990.
6. S.O. 2329 dated the 8th September, 1990.
7. S.O. 3269 dated the 8th December, 1990.
8. S.O. 3270 dated the 8th December, 1990.
9. S.O. 3273 dated the 8th December, 1990.
10. S.O. 409 dated the 9th February, 1991.
11. S.O. 464 dated the 16th February, 1991.
12. S.O. 2287 dated the 7th September, 1991.
13. S.O. 2740 dated the 2nd November, 1991.
14. G.S.R. 677 dated the 7th December, 1991.
15. G.S.R. 399 dated the 1st February, 1992.
16. G.S.R. 55 dated the 15th February, 1992.
17. G.S.R. 570 dated the 19th December, 1992.
18. S.O. 258 dated the 13th February, 1993.
19. S.O. 1673 dated the 7th August, 1993.
20. G.S.R. 449 dated the 11th September, 1993.
21. S.O. 1984 dated the 25th September, 1993.
22. G.S.R. 389(E) dated the 18th April, 1994.
23. S.O. 1775 dated the 19th July, 1997.
24. S.O. 259 dated the 30th January, 1999.
25. S.O. 904(E) dated the 30th September, 2000.
26. S.O. 717(E) dated the 27th July, 2001.
27. G.S.R. 75(E) dated the 1st February, 2002
28. S.O. 4000 dated the 28th December, 2002.
29. S.O. 860(E) dated the 28th July, 2003.
30. S.O. 1483(E) dated the 30th December, 2003.
31. S.O. 1487(E) dated the 14th October, 2005.
32. G.S.R. 723(E) dated the 23rd November, 2006.
33. S.O. 1821(E) dated the 25th October, 2007.
34. G.S.R. 258(E) dated the 31st March, 2008.
35. S.O. 1028(E) dated the 25th April, 2008.
36. S.O. 829(E) dated the 12th April,2010.
37. G.S.R. 176 dated the 11th June, 2011.
38. G.S.R. 928(E) dated the 26th December, 2012.
39. G.S.R. 938(E) dated the 27th December, 2012.
40. G.S.R. 103(E) dated the 21st February, 2014.
41. G.S.R. 138(E) dated the 3rd March, 2014.
42. G.S.R. 233(E) dated the 28th March, 2014.
43. G.S.R. 628(E) dated the 1st September, 2014.
44. G.S.R. 232(E) dated the 30th March, 2015.
45. G.S.R. 962(E) dated the 30th September, 2016.
46. G.S.R.12(E) dated the 4th January, 2019, and
47. G.S.R.673(E) dated the 19th September 2019.