Cabinet approves release of an additional installment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1.1.2020
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved to release an additional installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2020. There will be an increase of 4 percent over the existing rate of 17 percent of the Basic Pay/Pension, to compensate for price rise.
The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief would be Rs.12,510.04 crore per annum and Rs.14,595.04 crore in Financial Year 2020-21 (for a period of 14 months from January 2020 to February 2021). It will benefit about 48.34 lakh Central Government employees and 65.26 lakh, pensioners.
The increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, which is based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- Standard Operating Procedure for Customer ID Merging for PLI/RPLI Policies – DOP
- Ministry of Defence, Assistant (Excluded from the Central Secretariat Service) Group ‘B’ Posts (Amendment) Recruitment Rules, 2021
- Industrial Relations (Central) Recognition of Negotiating Union or Negotiating Council and Adjudication of Disputes of Trade Unions Rules, 2021.: Draft Rules for comments
- Seeking of CVC advice pertaining to Railway PSUs – Railway
- Annual targets for surrenders through Work Studies by Zonal Railways for the year 2021-22 : Railways
- Guidelines for rotational transfers of Group-C, Group-B, and Group-A (JTS and STS) working in a Circle for the year 2021-22 – DOP