Cabinet approves release of an additional installment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1.1.2020
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved to release an additional installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2020. There will be an increase of 4 percent over the existing rate of 17 percent of the Basic Pay/Pension, to compensate for price rise.
The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief would be Rs.12,510.04 crore per annum and Rs.14,595.04 crore in Financial Year 2020-21 (for a period of 14 months from January 2020 to February 2021). It will benefit about 48.34 lakh Central Government employees and 65.26 lakh, pensioners.
The increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, which is based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- Relaxation of Eligibility of all grades in appearing Ministerial Staff Exam- 2020
- SOP for partial reopening of Schools for students of 9th to 12th classes on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers: In the context of COVID-19
- Schemes in operation for ex-servicemen
- Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways
- Five days week in the banking industry-Lok Shabha
- Emergency treatment in CGHS empanelled Hospitals.