Assam CEE 2020 Exam Date Announced: Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) has announced dates for the Combined Entrance Test for Assam CEE 2020 Exam as per the latest report. As per the details shared by the varsity, Assam Combined Entrance Exam 2020 i.e. Assam CEE 2020, is due to take place on 28 June 2020. ASTU has published a comprehensive examination schedule to confirm the news that covers all of the significant dates of the Assam CEE 2020 exam. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown the examination date was announced after the test was postponed earlier.
Assam CEE 2020 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Assam CEE|
|Level of the exam||State Level|
|Mode of the exam||Online|
|Application Process Ends||27th May 2020|
|Assam CEE 2020 Admit Card Release||10th June 2020|
|Assam CEE 2020 Exam Date||28th June 2020|
|Assam CEE 2020 Result Date||13th July 2020|
Assam CEE 2020 Helpline Numbers
Students have often fallen for myths and misinformation with the COVID-19 pandemic and frequent changes in examination dates. To help students prevent fake news and ensure they always get checked and accurate news, ASTU has advised students to refer only to the official website for updates related to exams. In addition, the varsity also established a helpline number that can be contacted at 8472880277/9769199421/9619452109.
ASSAM CEE Exam Dates 2020
|ASSAM CEE events||Important Dates||Salient Features|
|Starting of online application form||02-02-2020 (ongoing)||Registrations for Assam CEE will start from 2nd May 2020|
|Closing date of online application form||27-05-2020||Registrations will end on May 27, 2020 and candidates must check their eligibility criteria before applying for Assam CEE|
|Issue of admit card||10-06-2020 (till the date of day of Examination)||Candidates can download the Admit Card from the official website|
|Date of exam||28-06-2020||Exam duration – three hours between 11 am to 2 pm|
|Answer key release||28-06-2020 (after the exam)||Assam CEE Answer key will be released in the evening after 6:pm|
|Declaration of result||13-07-2020||Check Assam CEE 2020 result online from the official website|
|Counselling begins||Last week of July 2020||Can check prospectus and wait for the exam authorities for the counselling announcements|
Reservation of Seats for Assam CEE
|Category||Seats (in percentage)|
|Scheduled Tribes (Plains)||10%|
|Scheduled Tribes (Hills)||5%|
|Other Backward Classes||As per latest Govt. norms|
|Tea garden labour community||1 Seat in each college|
|Ex-Tea garden labour community||1 Seat in each college|
|Son, and Daughter of Ex-Serviceman||1 Seat in each college|
|Son, Daughter, Grand-Son, and Granddaughter of freedom fighters||2 seats in AEC|
|2 seats in JEC|
|1 seat in JIST|
|Physically Challenged||3% of College intake capacity|
|NCC||1 seat in each college|
|Sportsman||1 seat in each college|
|Moran/ Motak communities||1 seat in each college|
What is Assam CEE?
Assam Combined Entrance Examination is a specific entrance examination conducted by Assam Science & Technical University for the admission to the engineering courses offered by different Assam colleges. Assam CEE is a centralized entrance examination regulated by State-Government. It is one of Assam’s most important examinations for students seeking admission to both government and private colleges. For this entrance test, candidates who wish to take admission to B-Tech courses may be present.
Assam Science & Technological University will (temporarily) conduct the Assam CEE exam in the first week of May and the Assam CEE 2020 exam has begun online application process. For Assam CEE the length will be 3 hours. Assam CEE’s Question Paper will be from topics like Physics , Chemistry, and Math. Assam CEE entry 2020’s merit list will be based on the candidate’s performance in the exam.
Assam CEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Appearing candidates must have a domicile of Assam and a citizen of India.
- Those who belong to the reserved category have the provision of relaxation up to 3 years in the upper age limit.
- Appearing candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% (45% in case a candidate belongs to reserved category) in subjects including Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology/Mathematics.
- For admission into BE/BTech Courses, the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English together.
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission Assam CEE 2020.
- The Candidate must not above 21 years or below 17 years of age. The upper age limit is relaxed to 22 years in the case of BSc. passed Candidates. The upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
Can I fill the application form of Assam CEE 2020 in offline mode?
No, eligible candidate can fill the application in online mode. This can be filled through official website only.
For which programmes Assam CEE is conducted?
Assam Combined Entrance Examination (Assam CEE) is conducted for admission into B.Tech Programmes at various universities/colleges in the state of Assam.
What type of questions are asked in Assam CEE 2020?
There are multiple-choice questions in the exam.
How many questions will be asked from each subjects?
40 questions will be asked from each subject.