Admissibility of Composite Transfer Grant (CTG) on Retirement
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated the 6th January, 2022
Subject : Admissibility of Composite Transfer Grant (CTG) on Retirement.
References have been received in Department of Expenditure seeking clarification on admissibility of Composite Transfer Grant (CTG) in r/o Central Government employees on settlement after Retirement at the last station of duty or other than last station of duty. As per existing rules in this regard, one third of CTG is admissible at present for settling down at last station of duty or at a station not more than 20 km. from the last station of duty.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department. In partial modification of Para 4 (ii) (a) and (b) of the O.M. of even No. dated 13.07.2017, it has been decided that for the purpose of Composite Transfer Grant in r/o Central Government employee who wishes to settle down at the last station of duty or other than last station of duty after retirement, the condition of 20 km. from the last station of duty, is done away with subject to the condition that change of residence is actually involved. To settle down at the last station of duty or other than last station of duty after retirement, full CTG would be admissible i.e. at the rate of 80% of the last month’s basic pay. The employee has to submit a Self-declaration Certificate regarding change of residence in prescribed format enclosed with this O.M. as Annexure-I.
3. In case of settlement to and from the Island territories of Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep, CTG shall be paid at the rate of 100% of last month’s Basic Pay in terms of Para 4 (ii) (a) of this Department’s O.M. No. 19030/1/2017- E.IV dated 13.07.2017.
4. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution of India.
5. These orders will be effective from the date of issue of the O.M.
6. This is issued with the approval of the Finance Secretary and Secretary “A. Hindi version is attached. be
(Annexure — I)
Self-declaration Certificate for Change of Residence for claiming Composite Transfer Grant (CTG) on Retirement
(Annexure to O.M. No. 19030/1/2017-E.IV dated 06.01.2022 issued by D/o Expenditure, M/o Finance, Government of India)
I ________________________________ (Name of the employee) hereby declare and certify that:
1. I have changed my residence from_________________ to_________________ for settlement on my retirement.
2 In case the above declaration given by me is not found true at any stage, I shall be liable to disciplinary action under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1976 as amended from time to time and to refund the sum along with penal interest thereon to the Government.
Name of the retired Government servant/Pensioner _________________________
Name of the Ministry/Department ___________________________
Address and Phone Number _________________________